What is Spring Application Context ?
The ApplicationContext is the central interface within a Spring application for providing configuration information to the application. It is read-only at run time, but can be reloaded if necessary and supported by the application. A number of classes implement the ApplicationContext interface, allowing for a variety of configuration options and types of applications.
The ApplicationContext provides:
- Bean factory methods for accessing application components.
- The ability to load file resources in a generic fashion.
- The ability to publish events to registered listeners.
- The ability to resolve messages to support internationalization.
- Inheritance from a parent context.